Oral & maxillofacial Surgery is a surgery to treat many diseases, injuries and defects in head, neck , face , jaws and hard & soft tissues of mouth jaws and face region.
1. Removal of wisdom Tooth ( Impaction)
2. Jaw Surgery : Orthogenetic surgery is required when alignment of teeth and jaws is not proper. This improves facial appearance and also the functioning of teeth and jaw.
3. Facial Trauma : There are number of causes of trauma like accidents, sports injury, violence and work related injuries.
Fracture facial bones
Fractured jaws ( upper & Lower)
4. Preprosthetic Surgery
Bone smoothening & reshaping
Removal of excess bone.
Bone ridge reduction.
Removal of excess gum tissue.
Exposure of impacted teeth.
5. Oral pathology : Any Alteration in the natural appearance of mucosa is a warming sign. It may be a beginning of pathological process or cancerous growth.
6. TMJ Disorder :Disorder related with our complex jaw joint. Some type of TMJ problems can lead to serious conditions. Early detection and treatment is important.
7. Cleft lip & Palate
Major goal of the surgery
Close the gap between the roof of mouth & the nose.
Reconnect the muscles that make the palate work.
Make the repaired palate enough to make it perform its functions.
Thank you for taking out time to go through our website. For queries please feel free to contact us.